Wednesday, March 9, 2016

President Obama on Paid Sick Leave: 'Until Congress Acts, I Urge Other States to Follow Vermont’s Lead'

 
Statement by the President

I commend Governor Peter Shumlin and the state of Vermont for taking action to provide paid sick leave for Vermont’s working families.  This action means thousands of families will no longer have to choose between losing income and taking care of a sick child.  It’s a choice no one should have to make.  So I’m once again calling on Congress to help us catch up with other advanced nations and provide this basic security to all Americans.  Until Congress acts, I urge other states to follow Vermont’s lead.  And I’ll continue to do everything I can as President to support working families – because it’s the right thing to do to give everyone a fair shot to get ahead. 

Source: The White House, Office of the Press Secretary

No comments: