Friday, July 14, 2017

Cuomo's Message to the Merhav David Unit

 

Statement by Governor Andrew Cuomo

"I am deeply saddened by the heinous attacks against Israeli police officers earlier today in Jerusalem, resulting in the death of two members of the Merhav David unit. 

"In March, I traveled with Consul General Dani Dayan and members of my administration, including the New York State Police, on an Economic Development and Unity trip to Israel. During that trip, we received a security briefing from the commanders of the Merhav David unit and learned about the challenges they face protecting Holy Sites in the Old City. 

"In times of crisis, friends stand shoulder to shoulder. 

"Today I express my deep condolences to the members of this unit as they mourn the loss of two of their own and to the people of Israel as they come together after this attack." 

Source: Press Office, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

No comments: