Thursday, October 10, 2019

New York’s Nita Lowey, Who Leads House Spending Panel, to Retire

 
Click here for the report. 

Source: Bloomberg

Statement from Governor Andrew Cuomo 

"Congresswoman Lowey has faithfully been serving New York's 17th congressional district with strength, determination and grace for 31 years - and I speak for countless New Yorkers when I say we are eternally grateful for her unwavering commitment to improving the lives of those around her.

"As the first woman to chair the House Appropriations Committee, Congresswoman Lowey is a true trailblazer who worked tirelessly to secure funding for critical projects in her district, improve public safety and advocate for women, children and families.

"Like my father before me, I have had the pleasure of working alongside Congresswoman Lowey and consider her to be a true partner in making New York a better place. I was extremely proud to work with her on the new Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge and other projects that have made real and lasting impacts on the daily lives of New Yorkers. I look forward to continuing our work together over the next year as we fight to build a better New York for all.

"On behalf of the New York family, I thank the Congresswoman for her continued service and dedication to the state and to the nation and wish her the best in this next chapter. She will always be a dear friend to me - just as she was to my father - and to my entire family, and I look forward to our continued friendship in our years to come."

Source: The Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo 

No comments: