Tuesday, September 13, 2016

President Obama Steps in to Stump for an Embattled Clinton

After a rocky series of days, Hillary Clinton turned to her old boss for a little help.

President Barack Obama hit the campaign trail for his former secretary of state with a rally Tuesday in Philadelphia. It couldn't have come at a more crucial moment as Clinton's critics question the Democratic presidential nominee's transparency as she gets treated for pneumonia, takes heat for declaring half of rival Donald Trump's supporters are "deplorable" and as polls show Clinton's lead narrowing nationally.

"I could not be prouder of the leader we have nominated to take my place. So even though I've run my last campaign, I'm going to work as hard as I can this fall to elect Hillary Clinton as our next president of the United States of America" said Obama at the plaza in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

He also went after Trump, declaring the real estate mogul is offering America a dark, pessimistic vision. 

Click here for the full article.

No comments: