Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Arab Billionaire to Trump: I'm Sorry I Ever Supported You


An Arab self-made billionaire said he regretted backing Donald Trump after the Republican frontrunner called for all Muslims to be barred from entering the United States.

"I wrote an article supporting him [in a leading Gulf newspaper in August]," Khalaf Al Habtoor, who has featured on the Forbes rich list, told NBC News on Tuesday. "I said we are fed up the politicians, they have destroyed the Middle East ... I wrote we need a successful businessman like Mr. Trump." 

Al Habtoor is the chairman of United Arab Emirates-based conglomerate Al Habtoor Group, which built Dubai's airport and owns Aston Martin and Bentley dealerships and luxury hotels throughout the region.

He was shocked by Trump's comments, which the American tycoon defended Tuesday as "common sense." 

Click here for the full article and related videos. 

Source: NBC News 

No comments: