Sunday, February 27, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: 'The Mad Prophet' Speaks!

This is GNN: G-Man News Network

In 1976, the groundbreaking film "Network" was released. Now, 35 years later, the words spoken in this powerful scene by the film's central character Howard Beale, brilliantly played by Peter Finch, are more important and relevant than ever.

The scene is being posted by the GNN network as a wake up call for Americans, especially young people. It is also being showcased as an official, open challenge to every news organization, network owner and network executive: Get back to basics and end the madness before it's too late!

Ladies and gentlemen, young and old, I give you......Howard Beale, "The Mad Prophet".


NOTE: Video has "mysteriously" been removed.


1 comment:

alyceclover said...

LOL Is not that the truth. I doubt that I realized exactly how deceptive television news was until advent of Internet. At times, I did read alternative newspapers/magazines, that gave me a different perspective on world events.

I stopped watching television because the shows bored me; (some exceptions), the commercial breaks too long and too many; canned laughter got annoying; news reporters all looked "plastic" with painted on smiles, one interchangeable with another. Most of my life, TV was the last resort when there was nothing better to do, so seldom miss it.