Monday, May 4, 2020

'Future Hope' Column: On Lying and the 2020 Presidential Election

 
By Ted Glick 

I was raised by my parents to never lie, and I know that this is true for almost everybody in the world who is now an adult. From what I’ve learned via reading and personal experience, the vast majority of the world’s people are raised that way.

Even though, in practice, a small minority of adults do lie, or live a lie, and a larger minority too often slip up, a big majority of us make genuine efforts to be truthful people.

Mafioso Don, of course, is on the farthest end of the truth-to-liar spectrum, and his 13,000 or so lies since becoming President are certainly a world record for duplicity. Among those many lies is his denial of ever sexually harassing or attacking any of the two dozen or so women who have come forward accusing him of these actions.

Joe Biden has just publicly denied the account of one person, Tara Reade, who has accused him of sexual assault 27 years ago. I watched the interview Friday morning on MSNBC where he did so.

Taking everything into account that I’ve seen about this accusation, I believe Tara Reade, and I think Biden is lying.

I believe this in part because of what happened during the last Presidential debate on March 15 between him and Bernie.

Click here for the full article. 

Source: tedglick.com

No comments: