Monday, July 22, 2019

Robert Morgenthau, Manhattan D.A. for More Than Three Decades, Dies at 99

 
Click here for the report.

Source: The New York Daily News 

Statement from Governor Andrew Cuomo 

 "I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Robert Morgenthau, a true New York hero whose dedication to public service and the law was matched only by the impact he had on the young prosecutors and lawyers like me who worked for him.

"Mr. Morgenthau was the gold standard of prosecutors and the model public servant, dedicating his life to achieving justice and protecting the public over the course of a storied career as a federal prosecutor under two presidents and as the longest serving Manhattan DA in history.

"He did his work with humility and integrity, and created the prestige of the DA's office — and New York is a better place because of him. I keep my assistant district attorney badge from the time I worked for Mr. Morgenthau on my desk as a daily reminder of his unrelenting pursuit of justice.

"In honor of Mr. Morgenthau, I am directing flags on State government buildings to be lowered to half-staff starting Wednesday, July 24th until interment.   

"On behalf of the entire New York family, I extend my deepest condolences to Mr. Morgenthau's family, including his wife Lucinda, his children Jenny, Anne, Elinor, Robert, Barbara, Joshua and Amy and his six grandchildren and three great-grandchildren."

Source: The Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo 

No comments: