Friday, November 2, 2018

'Shark Tank' Star: 'Education Isn't Only Important - It's Everything!'


By Daymond John


To the people of America, 

Education…

It’s a word I wasn’t necessarily fond of as a kid because (let’s be honest) who wanted to go to school as a kid other than to see your friends?

I struggled in every subject other than math and science, so those difficulties accumulated over time and effected my overall view on education.

But then, my mindset shifted.

I started to realize that educating myself was the key to being successful and the key to escaping the negative cycle that so many of the people in my neighborhood in Queens got stuck in. Maybe the shift happened when I was sitting at the kitchen table with my mother as she asked me to read her articles from the Wall Street Journal or the New York Times. Maybe it came after reading my favorite book, Think and Grow Rich.

Bottom line: education isn’t only important – it’s everything!

I think one of the most important things an entrepreneur can do is continue to educate themselves. You should never stop seeking out great resources and mentors that you can learn from. It’s exactly why I am constantly throwing information your way.

And that doesn’t stop today. I want you to check out the amazing Facebook Live I hosted last week at the JP Morgan Chase office.

We discussed numerous topics around entrepreneurship and the challenges that all business owners will face.

Keep Grinding, 

image

No comments: