Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Addabbo: 'Census Data Should Be Re-Evaluated'

Supports Lawsuit or Administrative Action to
Reassess the Population Numbers


New York State Senator Joseph Addabbo Jr. submitted the following statement to "From The G-Man" regarding the 2010 census findings for New York City and Queens:

"After reviewing the 2010 Census numbers in my district, I believe that the numbers reported do not justify the money and effort spent in certain communities. I do not feel that the $15 million spent on the Census in my district produced an accurate reading of the population for the people I represent. I am not convinced that my district grew by 4,137 residents as the Census suggests. I support any lawsuit or administrative action brought to reassess the debatable Census numbers. The statistics should be re-evaluated and I am hopeful that with a more defined population reading, we can qualify to receive our fair share of governmental funding for services that benefit the people of our communities."

No comments: