Monday, April 30, 2018

John McCain in New Book: I’m Freer Now to Speak My Mind


The senator has penned a book while coping with brain cancer. Here’s what he has to say in the final chapter of his remarkable life.

By Gideon Resnick

In a new book, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) writes that his battle with brain cancer has given him a sense of liberation to vote and speak his mind.

“This is my last term,” McCain writes in his upcoming book The Restless Wave, which he co-authored with former adviser Mark Salter. An excerpt of the book was posted Monday on Apple News.

“If I hadn’t admitted that to myself before this summer, a stage 4 cancer diagnosis acts as ungentle persuasion,” McCain continues. “I’m freer than colleagues who will face the voters again. I can speak my mind without fearing the consequences much.

Click here for the full article. 

Source: The Daily Beast 

No comments: