Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Gay Rights Activist Edith Windsor Passes Away


Source: Wochit News

Statement from Governor Andrew Cuomo 

"I am heartbroken by the passing of my friend Edith Windsor. Edie was an iconic New Yorker who carried on the fight for equality and achieved an historic victory on the path to justice. She embodied the New York spirit, taking it upon herself to tear down barriers for others and ensure marriage equality was the law of the land. I will always admire her strength and her perseverance in the face of adversity. I will never forget her, and, on behalf of all New Yorkers, I extend my deepest condolences to those who loved her and have been touched by her work and her advocacy." 

Source: Press Office, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

From The G-Man salutes the accomplishments, legacy and life of Ms. Windsor with the following video, which was published on YouTube on November 22, 2016. May she forever be remembered, and may she forever rest in peace.

 

Source: Twenty Summers

No comments: