Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Mayor de Blasio Slams 'Inconceivable' Congestion Pricing Plan Backed by Gov. Cuomo

 
By Erin Durkin

Charging drivers to enter the most traffic-clogged parts of Manhattan is “inconceivable” even with Gov. Cuomo’s support, Mayor de Blasio said Monday.

De Blasio made his strongest comments yet against congestion pricing a week after Cuomo publicly backed the idea and said he planned to put his full weight behind it.

“I’ve never been in favor of this strategy. I’ve never seen an example of it that I thought was fair,” de Blasio told reporters at an unrelated press conference in Brooklyn. “I’m always going to keep an open mind, but ... I happen to be someone who does not believe in it.”

Click here for the full article. 

Source: The New York Daily News (via The Empire Report) 

No comments: