President Trump had previously criticized the Obama administration for a lack of transparency
By Sam Levine
The Trump administration will not make its records of visitors to the White House available to the public, Time and The Washington Post reported Friday.
The decision is a departure from the Obama administration, which did release the logs. Michael Dubke, the White House communications director, told Time that the White House’s decision was made out of concern for national security and privacy, and to protect President Donald Trump’s ability to discreetly seek counsel.
Citing “the grave national security risks and privacy concerns of the hundreds of thousands of visitors annually,” the White House said in a statement that it would “disclose Secret Service logs as outlined under the Freedom of Information Act.”
Click here for the full article.
Source: The Huffington Post