Saturday, September 17, 2016

Cuomo: Trump Has Been 'Effective' at Harnessing Voter Unrest

ALBANY — Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Friday passed on another chance to criticize Donald Trump, telling reporters the Republican presidential candidate has been “effective” in harnessing voter unrest.

Cuomo, a Democrat, was asked about his relationship with Trump after the real estate mogul said during a Thursday radio interview that he and the governor “get along very well.”

The comments were included in a New York Post article that, citing an anonymous source, said some Democrats were “chirping” about Cuomo’s friendly interactions with The Donald at last Sunday’s ceremony commemorating the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11th attacks.

“I know Donald Trump. I know him as a New Yorker I’ve known him for many years. I saw him at the 9/11 ceremony … that memorial service is a solemn occasion. You have many family members there, you are literally on sacred ground, as far as I’m concerned, so that is not the time to play politics,” Cuomo told reporters after an event in Queens. “I’m the governor of the State of New York. Anyone who comes to 9/11 and that site, I thank them for coming, I thank them for their attendance, I thank them for joining with New Yorkers and remembering those we lost, and it’s not about politics.” 

Click here for the full article.

Source: Politico

No comments: