Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Commissioner Charles "Chuck" Ramsey to Retire


Statement by President Obama 

I want to offer my heartfelt gratitude to Commissioner Charles "Chuck" Ramsey for his nearly five decades of leadership and service with some of this nation's largest law enforcement agencies. From Chicago to DC to Philadelphia, Commissioner Ramsey has always supported our women and men in uniform and the communities they bravely serve and protect each and every day. While I've known about his outstanding work over the years, it was when I appointed Chuck as a co-chair of my Task Force on 21st Century Policing that I was able to rely on his counsel and leadership. For several months earlier this year, he played a vital role in bringing together leaders from across the country to create a clear and concise report including key recommendations for building stronger trust between communities and the law enforcement agencies that protect them.  I am extraordinarily grateful for Chuck's service and wish him an enjoyable and restful retirement.

Note: Information on Commissioner Ramsey is available here.

Source: The White House, Office of the Press Secretary 

No comments: