Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump is set to meet with Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus Thursday in New York City, NBC News has confirmed. The meeting comes amid reports that the RNC has asked the GOP candidates to "pledge" not to run as a third-party candidate if unsuccessful at clinching the nomination.

Trump's campaign did not comment on whether the RNC's pledge is on the meeting's agenda. After the Priebus meeting, Trump is scheduled to hold a press conference at 2 p.m. ET at Trump Tower in Manhattan.

"I [name] affirm that if I do not win the 2016 Republican nomination for president of the United States I will endorse the 2016 Republican presidential nominee regardless of who it is," the RNC's pledge says, a GOP source confirmed to NBC News. "I further pledge that I will not seek to run as an independent or write-in candidate nor will I seek or accept the nomination for president of any other party." Politico first reported on the text of the pledge.

Read more at msnbc.com.

Source: NBC News