Friday, February 3, 2012

'The G-Man' Opens Up on WRHU 88.7 FM


Candid Interview Reveals Stunning Secret That Led to the Creation of "From The G-Man"

On Monday, February 6, between 7am and 9am, Hofstra University radio station WRHU (88.7 FM) will broadcast a powerful and revealing 17-minute interview with Gary Glennell Toms, also known as "The G-Man".
 

Toms, who serves as creator and editor-in-chief of
From The G-Man, an independent news and information source, discusses his journalism career, the current state of journalism in America and abroad, and other topics.

Toms also reveals a painful and stunning secret that led to the creation of his news site -- a secret he has kept for the last two years.
 
"I, as well as faculty and other students here at Hofstra, was completely shocked after listening to his story. I have no doubt that many people in New York City and the country will be also when they hear this interview," said Dylan Berg, host of one of the morning radio shows and a sophomore majoring in communications and journalism. 

"I was awed by the fact that he edited, wrote and posted nearly 2,000 news stories last year, by himself! But what he endured in the process is remarkable. I thought it was a shame that no one in mainstream media was willing to share his story, and that's why my producers and I contacted him and decided to do the interview," Berg added.

"Revealing my secret was extremely difficult, and, at first, I was reluctant to do so. I was petrified of what people's reaction would be to me and my news site after my revelation", said Toms. 

"What changed my mind was the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of young men of color in poor communities in New York City, and the country, that have lost all hope and turned to drugs, gangs, crime and extreme violence. I'm willing to risk public embarrassment and humiliation if my story will help them realize that a better life is possible, if they're willing to leave the negative behind and fight like hell."

The interview will also be streamed here: 
WRHU 88.7 FM

No comments: