Friday, October 14, 2011

A "From The G-Man" Milestone: 1,000th Post for 2011

A Very Special Posting to Thank Supporters and an Extraordinary Woman

With two and a half months remaining in 2011, From The G-Man has experienced an amazing surge in readership and support. The numerous emails and phone calls I've received over the course of the year -- from elected officials, respected news veterans, aspiring journalists, family members and friends -- are a clear indication that my independent news and information site is doing what I intended from the very beginning, which is make a difference in media and the world.

Efforts to build, promote and gain a national audience has been extremely difficult, especially since From The G-Man is operated by one man. I realize the site will probably never reach the level of success as Matt Drudge's Drudge Report or Arianna Huffington's Huffington Post. Nonetheless, I will continue in my quest to provide vital news, information and commentary from a variety of sources because the times we're living in demand it... more than ever.

I'm elated to mark this statement as my 1,000th posting, but nothing makes me happier than knowing I have the support of many wonderful people I met in 2011. I don't take any of you or your stories for granted, and I thank you.

I also thank my mom, Mrs. Bertha Sutton; and my phenomenal three sisters, Linda, Tonya and Nejla Toms. They told me to never give up on my dream of building an independent news source, despite battling financial hardship and moments when it seemed as though I had no support, whatsoever. I love you, "fam".

Finally, I would like to thank someone that I consider to be an extraordinary woman on a number of levels. I had the pleasure of meeting her back in May of this year, and she is now one of my closest and most trusted friends. In many respects, she has changed my life and my world. Her compassion, encouragement and support are major reasons why The G-Man is still standing and fighting the good fight. I love you, Gissette.


Again, a very special thanks to all those who embraced From The G-Man in 2011. It has truly been a remarkable and rewarding experience. As always......stay cool.....stay safe....and stay informed!

Number image courtesy of http://www.thethunderingherd.com.

No comments: